Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Frog vs. The Princess, Part One

The process can be daunting at times. Especially if you're like me and you want every cake to be unique to the customer. I want a client to feel like this is one of a kind. No one else has it! But then the creative process commences and you get sick with multiple images parading your mind...trying to figure out where to start.

Today's cake is haunting me like an ole' Twilight Zone show. Princess and the Frog. Any kind of princess-themed cake makes me sweat. Growing up, I was quite the tomboy. I did have an extensive Barbie collection, but I wasn't into being a princess and one day meeting a Prince Charming. Maybe my scruffy knees, wild hair, thick, pink-framed glasses and braces took away such passions. I would have high-five'd the frog, before envying a rosy-cheeked, ball gown wearing, cute-as-pie girl! Even though I've sense transformed into a beautiful swan, embracing such ideas is like teaching an old dog new tricks. But, like many other cakes before, I accept the challenge with open arms.

Swords drawn...or in my case, serrated knife ready! Here goes...

Client:
Girl
5th birthday
Colors: Lavendar and Apple Green

When beginning a cake that's inspired by a character or theme it's best to begin researching. Find as many pictures to represent the true essence of that character. I found this one online and a few others to inspire my design. Luckily, I have a nine year old and I'll be watching Princess and the Frog for more ideas.


Hmm....stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails